What happens when you lose all your credit cards?
Well, nothing more fun on a trip when you lose your credit cards, debit cards, ID. Well, honestly, life happens and you can either let it drag you down or do what needs to be done.
What happened to me? Read about it: HERE.
Shooketh Travels experiences are still possible without cash, but first things first this is what I did, you may have other suggestions to add, please do...comment.
- Contact your financial institutions and report your cards missing or stolen. Your financial institutions (bank or credit union) can offer you additional services that you may want to consider.
- Order replacements cards debit or credit cards. I advised my bank to reject anyone opening credit in my name until I went to the bank in person.
- Contact the police and file a police report. Follow-up and get the report.
- You may want to put a freeze on your account; it's a option to discuss with your financial institution.
- Order a new Identification if you need it or make an appointment for when you return.
- Let the place where you are staying know and to double check the charges.
- Order any other replacements, like insurance cards.
- Have a little emergency cash stored in a separate bag - just in case.
As I said before, life happens, but if you are with cool people, you can still see the sights, hang in a cool city and have fun.
I'd be interested to hear what you did when you lost or had your credit cards stolen. Please comment below or send me an email. Thanks!